Carrots aren’t just for the kitchen any more! Not only are they good for the body inside out — but carrots are actually very helpful in building soft, supple skin and aiding in hair growth and strengthening applied externally.
Instead of using all those commercially prepared shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc. — which all contain preservatives and chemicals — it’s better to use a natural oil, likewise reducing your risk for unwanted allergic reactions.
Carrot oil is very easy to make at home and it is extremely beneficial for the hair and skin.
The benefits of carrot oil include — but are not limited to:
• healing damaged skin
• warding off the dreaded signs of aging
• stimulating hair growth
• creating luxuriously, soft-to-the-touch hair
• improving blood circulation
• protecting hair and skin from the damaging effects of weather, pollution, dust, sunlight, chemicals, treatments, and the like
• strengthening hair…preventing breakage
How to Make Carrot Oil
• Hand grater
• Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
• Empty bottle
. measuring cups.
-2 organically or home grown carrots
-Almond oil or you can use olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, or sesame oil, to cover
I used Almond oil because Almond oil too lightens the skin.
1. Wash and peel the skin of the carrots.
2. Grate carrots with the use of a hand grater.
3. Place the grated carrots in a pot and pour the oil of your choice to cover. Note: I used 1cup of Almond oil.
4. maintain a warm temperature — start frying for about 15 -20 min when You will notice the oil becoming orange in color and the carrots floating in the oil bring the pot down.
5. You have to infuse the oil for some hours, I mean leave it to cool. Once the infusion process is complete, pour the carrots and oil mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and strain.
6. Reserve the oil and compost the carrots.
7. Label and store the oil in a bottle in the refrigerator until ready for use. Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2kFgUHq